Strength Of Material Handwritten Notes Written By Ashish Sir ( You Can Download This Notes ) After Purchasing
In the mechanics of materials, the strength of a material is its ability to withstand an applied load without failure or plastic deformation. The field of strength of materials deals with forces and deformations that result from their acting on a material.
Covered Topic & Syllabus of This Notes
Ch-1 Stress and strain: stresses in members of a structure, axial loading, normal stress, shear stress, analysis of simple structures, stepped rods, members in series and parallel: stress strain diagram, Hooke’s law, stress due to temperature, Poisson’s ratio, Bulk modulus, shear strain, relation among elastic constants, residual stress, fiber reinforced composite materials, strain energy under axial loads and stresses due to impact of falling weights. Transformation of stress and strain, principal stresses, normal and shear stress, Mohr’s circle and its application to two and three dimensional analysis.
Ch-2 Bending: pure bending, symmetric member, deformation and stress, bending of composite sections, eccentric axial loading, shear force and BM diagram, relationship among load, shear and BM, shear stresses in beams, strain energy in bending, deflection of beams, equation of elastic curve, Macaulay’s method and Area moment method for deflection of beams.
Ch-3 Torsion in shafts: Tensional stresses in a shafts, deformation in circular shaft, angle of twist, stepped and hollow transmission shafts.
Ch-4 Theories of failures: maximum normal stress & shear stress theory; maximum normal and shear strain energy theory; maximum distortion energy theory; application of theories to different materials and loading conditions.
Ch-5 Columns & struts : stability of structures, Euler’s formula for columns with different end conditions, Rankine’s formula
Terms & Conditions
- Before Purchasing Please Check Our Sample Notes ( Click here)
- After Purchasing amount will be Not Refundable.
- During Purchasing if the amount is deducted to your account but you don’t get your order then send your payment detail to our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) ( Ex. Trans. Number, Snapshot of payment receipt, Order Detail, Date & Time of Payment )
- Virtual orders download link is available for only 1 day so download as soon as possible
- Maximum 3-time download allowed.
There are no reviews yet.